Intruder Alarm Monitoring
If an intruder alarm system is triggered out of hours, who will be notified? Too many businesses today don’t take up intruder alarm monitoring. With businesses often being located away from domestic housing, such as on business and retail parks, or town centres, an activated alarm is often unnoticed. This means intruders can gain access, cause damage and remove valuables without anyone knowing until the next day.
When you have your intruder alarm systems monitored, a signal will be sent to our alarm receiving centre (ARC) as soon as the system is activated. Once the signal is confirmed, the next action depends on your option chosen:
- they will contact your nominated employee to inform them of the activation, or
- initiate a police response.
Remote Monitoring Services offers a complete intruder alarm monitoring service to ensure your customers’ businesses are protected round the clock, giving you and them peace of mind. Your intruder alarm systems will be professionally monitored by our team of highly trained Monitoring Centre Operatives, operating from our state-of-the-art Alarm Receiving Centre.
We pride ourselves on our superior service compared to other alarm monitoring companies. With our intruder alarm monitoring provision, you’ll receive a fully transparent, honest service along with detailed reports for every single system activation, sent direct to you. We hold full NSI Gold accreditation and operate to BS5979 category II standards.
What are the Benefits of Intruder Alarm Monitoring?
When you have your intruder alarm installations monitored by us, the benefits include:
- Better protection of your building from the effects of break in
- Reduction of business downtime if an intruder is detected and caught or deterred
- Immediate response to alarm system activations
- Less unwanted false alarms by only acting on confirmed alarms
- Honest, transparent and professional service
- In-depth reporting on every single alarm activation
How Does Intruder Alarm Monitoring Work?
Protecting your customers’ businesses by having your intruder alarm system monitored is vital in protecting their business. Once we receive notification of an intruder alarm activation, the following steps will take place:
- The intruder alarm system is activated, and a signal is received by RMS.
- One of our Monitoring Centre Operatives will make contact with a key holder to inform them of the activation.
- If the signal is confirmed, they will either initiate a police response where appropriate.
We always recommend a dual-path communicator for intruder alarm systems.
What’s the difference between monitored and non-monitored intruder alarms
|Out of hours alarm activations receive immediate response||If out of hours there’s the potential that no-one will hear the alarm, and if so, may not report to anyone|
|More peace of mind against the potential of break ins whilst site is empty||Intruders likely to be undetected if alarm not acted on, resulting in business loss and potential site damage|
|24/7 support from our expert team of Monitoring Centre Operatives||No out of hours support|
|Potential for reduction of insurance premiums when intruder alarm system is monitored||No insurance premiums reduction|
Is Intruder Alarm Monitoring Essential?
Having your intruder alarm system monitored isn’t essential by law. However, your customers insurance company may stipulate that you have your system monitored in their terms and conditions, and it may also reduce their insurance premiums. We strongly advise you to have your alarm systems monitored, especially if your customers are considered a high-risk business, or if your business closes overnight when there are no staff on-site.
Having your intruder alarm systems monitored gives you and your customer the peace of mind that their business is always protected.
What’s the next step?
- looking for a new monitoring contract for your intruder alarm system, or
- considering moving your existing monitoring contract to us
then call us on 0330 002 1149 for a free, no obligation quotation. One of our Monitoring Centre team will be available to discuss your requirements in more detail. They can answer any questions you may have, and let you know of the next steps. Then, if required, we’ll arrange a free on-site security survey or send you a monitoring quotation.