RMS offers a complete fire alarm monitoring service to ensure your customers’ sites are constantly protected, providing them and yourself full peace of mind. Fire alarm systems will be professionally monitored by our team of highly trained Monitoring Centre Operatives.
We pride ourselves on providing a superior service compared to other fire alarm monitoring companies. When you take our fire alarm monitoring service, you’ll receive a fully transparent, honest service backed up with detailed reports for every single activation detected. We hold full NSI Gold accreditation and operate to BS5979 category II standards.
What are the Benefits of Fire Alarm Monitoring?
When you have your fire alarm systems monitored by us, the benefits you’ll receive include:
- Complete protection of your building from the potentially devastating effects of fire
- Reduced risk for employees through not requiring them to attend any alarm activations
- Reduction of business downtime if a fire is detected and acted on early enough
- Immediate response to alarm activations
- Reduction of unwanted false alarms by only acting on confirmed alarms
- Honest, transparent and professional service
- In-depth reporting on every single alarm activation
How Does Fire Alarm Monitoring Work?
Protecting your customers’ sites by monitoring your fire alarm installations is imperative in protecting their business. If we receive a notification that your fire alarm has been activated, this is what will happen next:
- Your fire alarm system activates, and RMS receives a signal.
- If the signal is received within your site’s normal working hours, one of our Monitoring Centre team will make contact with your site to check if the activation is a false alarm or not.
- If the signal is received outside of your site’s working hours, our Monitoring Centre team will immediately initiate a fire brigade response.
We always recommend a dual-path communicator for fire alarm systems.
What’s the difference between monitored & non-monitored fire alarms
|Out of hours alarm activations receive immediate response||If out of hours there’s the potential that no-one will hear the alarm, and if so, may not report to anyone|
|More peace of mind against potential out of hours arson attacks||Likely non-detection of arson attacks and substantial site damage|
|Employee risk reduced by not having to attend out of hours alarm activations||Employees put at potential risk by attending alarm activations|
|24/7 support from our expert team of Monitoring Centre Operatives||No out of hours support|
|Potential for reduction of insurance premiums when fire alarm system is monitored||No insurance premiums reduction|
Monitoring of your fire alarm systems isn’t an essential requirement. However, if your customers sites are empty out of normal working hours we strongly recommend remote monitoring.
If you’re looking to:
- set up a new monitoring contract for your system
- move from your existing monitoring supplier to our superior monitoring service
then call us on 0330 002 1149 for a free quotation today. One of our expert monitoring team will be available to discuss your requirements in more detail. And we’ll be more than happy to answer any questions.